Our Futureforce University Recruiting program is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company. With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
What you’ll be doing…
The User Researcher Intern is responsible for focusing on understanding Tableau’s users so that new experiences can be created for them. They will learn about user’s motivations, behaviors and attitude to help define Tableau’s products and user experience. This role will work collaboratively with user researchers, designers, product managers, engineers, and others throughout the planning and development lifecycle.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Advocate for users and help teams develop empathy and understanding goals, motivations, and behaviors.
- Collaborate with feature teams to drive user research activities for multiple features at each phase of the product development cycle.
- Plan and conduct qualitative and quantitative research.
- Provide coaching and resources to product managers, designers, and engineers who are engaging in self-service user research activities.
- Translate research findings into opportunities and actionable insights.
- Clearly communicate research findings to various audiences. This may include written reports, and multimedia presentations.
- Utilize knowledge of the product, domain, and existing research to impact design
Who you are…
- BA/BS/MS/PhD in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Sociology, or related fields; or equivalent industry experience.
- Industry experience with a proven history of impacting product design (internships, industry partnerships, volunteer experience all qualify).
- Strong understanding of research methods and their appropriate use in applied settings
- Experience with various qualitative and quantitative research methods, including contextual interviewing, usability testing, behavioral analytics, and survey research.
- Strong understanding of HCI principles and user centered design practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence a range of audiences.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize research efforts for multiple concurrent projects, preferred.
- Hands on experience with quantitative data analysis, utilizing statistical and visual analysis tools and techniques, preferred.
- Familiar with analytics and database technologies; or demonstrates the drive and ability to quickly ramp up on new domains and technologies.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
Accommodations – If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please contact the Salesforce.com Recruiting Department.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we’re helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.
ExperienceLess than 1 Year