HubSpot for Startups is a global program with a mission to help millions of startups grow better.. Our program plays an important role in HubSpot’s larger customer acquisition strategy adapting and innovating swiftly to help the next generation of successful startups grow. Our ecosystem consists of 2800 global startup partners (accelerators, incubators, and VC’s) and over 10,000 startup customers. You can learn more here: www.hubspot.com/startups
Our team is passionate and entrepreneurial. To drive the next phase of growth, we’re looking for an accomplished Business Development Manager (BDM) to drive the adoption of the HubSpot Platform among startups in the Bay Area. This is, strategically, the most important region for the HubSpot for Startups program, as 44% of all US VC activity originates in the Bay Area. You will be working with our most highly-valued partners and the stakes will be high.
In the Business Development Manager role, you will:
- Explore new partnership opportunities with VC, Accelerators, and Incubators, and onboard them as approved partners.
- Manage existing startup partners to help them enable their portfolio companies to grow better.
- Build trust, establish credibility, and hold partners accountable.
- Educate startups and scaleups on growth strategy (sales, marketing, and services) and HubSpot’s platform.
- Work with HubSpot’s core sales and marketing teams to make sure the partner and startup experiences are frictionless.
- Work closely with the Global Vice President and Global Director of HubSpot for Startups to share market research, partnership development, and startup development.
- Work cross-functionally with our other Business Development orgs to align messaging and discover opportunities to leverage our App Marketplace, Corporate Development arm, and Venture fund.
- Travel occasionally (5-10%), both international and domestic events.
The ideal candidate possesses strong partnership experience and ideally led partnerships at a VC or accelerator or led a startup program at a SaaS business. Business development/sales background is preferred and the ideal candidate should be comfortable leading tactical and strategic initiatives to help drive revenue growth and adoption of HubSpot.
This role will report to the HSFS Manager of North American and Latin American Business Development.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are proactive, genuinely curious, and detail-oriented
- Have healthy negotiation skills and business & financial acumen
- Enjoy working in a global team
- Have 10+ years of partnership experience at a VC or Accelerator or startup program
- Demonstrate a strong network within the VC world of the Bay Area
- Are comfortable and capable of giving public presentations
- Are able to make data-driven decisions
- Have the desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals such as MRR, the number of new partnerships, and the number of new customers in your geographical region
- Have compassion and empathy for others
- Have great communication skills
Our team is led by Kim Walsh, Global VP of Startups. We’re committed to diversity and are looking for candidates who are excited by supporting a global, diverse, entrepreneurial ecosystem within one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Boston. We believe in transparency: our team is currently 40% female and 53% international.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in San Francisco, Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).