Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for an experienced leader to help grow and shape our Global Solutions Engineering Specialist Organization. This is a rare opportunity to lead a team of Specialist Solutions Engineers and have a hand in forming a new organization within Twilio. You will also get involved with some of Twilio’s largest opportunities and be instrumental in closing business in key markets. This role reports to the Director of Specialist and Contact Center Solutions Engineering.
Specialist Solutions Engineers are experts in Twilio products and the industry. Innovate and build out global processes to make our highly specialized team more strategic, efficient, and effective. Align with product teams to ensure your team members become and remain experts in their solution speciality area. Partner with regional Solutions Engineering leaders and Sales leaders and the Specialist Sales Organization to consistently exceed sales targets.
- A problem solver who demonstrates good judgment when handling ambiguity.
- A player coach with a mind for strategy and process, but who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and help drive an opportunity to a technical win.
- A result driven individual who thrives in a highly dynamic environment with proven excellence in cross-functional work and influence.
- At least 2+ years management experience. Experience leading a virtual team that spans geographical and cultural boundaries is a big plus.
- A leader with experience working as part of an overlay team within a go-to-market organization or something similar.
- Someone with a passion and knack for technology especially in the following areas:
- Account Security, Email or Customer Engagement
- Prior programming experience is also a big plus
- Someone who is always looking to streamline and simplify the way things are done.
- Someone with a highly inclusive style who values and celebrates diversity within teams.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of shaping a Global Solutions Engineering Specialist Organization.
- BE BOLD: Lead a global group of Specialist Solutions Engineers and create a culture of collaboration both within the team and across the Twilio GTM organization.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Create a close alignment with Product teams to ensure your team has the expertise and information needed to deliver on the role of Specialist Solutions Engineers.
- BE AN OWNER: Channel the input from your global team members and be a voice of the customer back into product, support, and services teams.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work closely with our Specialist Sales, Marketing, and Product teams in developing our strategy and execution of key sales plays, tools, and strategies and play an active role in this community.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Be a key member of the Solutions Engineering Organization and drive global consistency in partnership models and strategies across the regional teams.
- DON”T SETTLE: Hire diverse and highly skilled Solutions Engineers to grow and extend the team’s reach.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 950 East Paces Ferry Road NE in the Buckhead district. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, massages, monthly All Hands and more. You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.