MathWorks has an opening for a Consulting Services Marketing Specialist. Working closely with the worldwide Sales, Marketing and Consulting Services teams you will develop and execute marketing plans to increase the overall effectiveness of the sales and marketing processes associated with the Consulting Services business. You will report to the Manager of Consulting Services in Natick to help select proven services marketing tactics and work closely with other groups within marketing to execute the tactics, however your work will be largely self-driven. In this role you will contribute a blend of strategic thinking, tactical execution and business operations.
Plan, Design, Execute and Measure marketing strategies by taking a hands-on approach to executing marketing activities in support of consulting services. In collaboration with technical consultants:
- Distill key components of customer engagements into compelling content for reuse during the selling process as video, user stories, webinars, white papers, conference talks or other proven service marketing collateral formats.
- Acting as the Consulting Services web owner, analyze traffic and engagement patterns on our web site and implement the tactics to improve SEO results.
- Provide training, education and customer event support to the field selling force.
- Develop a portfolio of pricing benchmarks and provide input into the pricing strategy for services.
- Work with Consultants and Product Marketing in the development of go to market strategies for new service offerings.
- Monitor, review and report on marketing activities and results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- A bachelor’s degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master’s degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or equivalent experience) is required.
The successful candidate will have experience in developing and implementing effective service marketing strategies. Ideally, this experience would be for an technical service organization. Additional qualifications:
- 5-9 years experience as a service marketing professional
- Bachelor’s or Master degree is required
- Strong communicator, able to build consensus in informal work groups and influence others to achieve objectives. Comfortable communicating with technical and professional staff.
- Proactive and self-starting, able to execute with minimal direction
- Ability to analyze and develop insights from marketing and sales data
- Experience and motivation supporting sales and technical selling staff.
- Awareness of software product marketing techniques and strategies a plus.
- Proven project management skills
- Experience with SEO (Omniture a plus)
- Science or engineering background/education is a plus