HubSpot’s Sales Productivity and Enablement Team is seeking a Sales Skills Training Manager to join our Cambridge, MA office. As a Sales Skills Training Manager, you will develop, design and execute selling skills training and development programs for our global sales teams. You will work closely with sales leadership to address their specific selling skills training needs which will include delivering in person and virtual training, collaborating with our instructional design team on designing self-paced training as well as providing one on one and small group coaching with sales representatives around the world. The Sales Skills Training Manager will play an instrumental role in developing new sellers as they ramp into their full quotas and strive to develop their sales proficiency setting them up for long term success in their careers at HubSpot. Over time, the Sales Skill Training Manager may be responsible for building out and leading a nimble and highly effective global sales skills training team.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work with Senior Sales Leaders to identify selling skill gaps and develop training and coaching opportunities to address them
- Design, develop and execute a world-class selling skills training and development program for our global sales team focused on developing sellers in their first 12 months on the job
- Design and deliver sales skill workshops and certification programs to drive the overall adoption, application and retention of core skills across all rep proficiency levels
- Deliver training to our ramping sales team new hires (months 3 – 12) with a goal of getting them on the path to proficiency and over performance
- Oversee the continued adoption and reinforcement of our sales process and methodology across all of our sales segments and markets
- Innovate on traditional training methods, leveraging product-based tests, quizzes, incentive-based learning, e-learning, etc… to drive retention and application of knowledge
- Conduct effective one-on-one and small group coaching sessions with individual sales team members
- Build out and lead a nimble and highly effective sales skills training team
We are looking for people who:
- Have quota carrying experience and a proven track record of sales success
- Have experience with or certifications in proven sales methodologies like Challenger, Sandler Selling, Value Selling, Force Management, Miller Heiman, etc…
- While not required, sales management experience is a plus
- Have a demonstrated ability to develop and teach individuals in-person and virtually
- Have experience developing and delivering sales skills training
- Can lead independently and adapt to rapid organizational and platform changes
- Excellent at collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to achieve HubSpot’s mission
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Possess a passion for culture, the employee experience, and diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Are detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills, and are reliable and responsive
- Excel at coaching, with a strong aptitude to observe, evaluate and use various techniques to improve results
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia), Paris (France).