Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
You will create and present business arguments and proofs of concept (demos and prototypes) built on Square products and our API. You will report to the Partner Engineering Lead, and be a promoter of Square’s operational value, drive an implementation cadence on strategic deals, and push the boundaries of what’s technically possible on our platform. At least 25% of this role will be coding focused.
- Provide technical consulting and propose possible solutions according to products’ terms and conditions
- Work with Square Platform Partners across many different domains to launch best-in-class commerce apps and integrations
- Solve merchant business issues with Square technology, brainstorming with Sales, Product, & Partnerships teams on technical propositions to enhance Square’s offering
- Propose, design, and present prototypes, demos, and proofs of concept to a wide variety of audiences, which include marketing professionals and engineers
- Develop and support integrations for premier merchants and partners using Square’s platform APIs
- Establish best practices to be shared with the Square Certified partner community
- Be the go-to expert for Partnerships on what is technically possible with Square
- Attain quarterly and annual goals assigned by management
- A B.S. in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills; comfort presenting to and meeting with Executive audiences
- 2+ years of experience in technical sales, field sales, or consulting
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience leading implementation projects
- Technical background in Web technologies such as HTTP, HTML, XML, and experience with web services (RESTful and SOAP)
- An MBA degree from a top-tier university
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Ability to speak directly to technical teams, with experience adapting communications to the technical level of the audience and presenting technical materials to large groups
- Experience working with small and mid-sized businesses
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.