Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian University engages our customers and partners through Training Technology products with the mission to help them develop new skills, improve their team’s work, and advance their professional careers. We’re excited to take our Training offerings to the next level by expanding our training content, delivery, and Marketplace app. Success will be determined by an unparalleled customer journey from awareness, through engagement, and ultimately building customer champions.
We’re seeking a motivated and experienced Product Manager to manage our upcoming education products throughout their Product Lifecycles, which includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with our Atlassian University product teams to deliver winning products. You’ll also work closely with go-to-market teams and support to understand the full customer journey and drive customer satisfaction goals.
- Work closely with University line of business leaders to define the product strategy and roadmaps
- Get us on the right track for all our products (App, Content, Rewards)
- Gather and prioritize customer requirements (via customer focus groups, surveys, A/B testing, interviews)
- Define and iterate on the end to end customer journey through their engagement lifecycle with our product suite and the broader Atlassian brand
- Work with University team and Product Managers across other business units within Atlassian (e.g., Jira Software Cloud, Confluence Server, Data Center leads, etc.) to ideate and prioritize University product roadmaps
- Work with product teams within University to determine product milestones, dependencies, and deliverables
- Act as or coordinate with University Project Manager to run sprint meetings, identify blockers and help manage prioritization
- Coordinate launch activities with Field Services marketing and other Atlassian Product Marketing Managers on campaigns and go-to-market strategies
- Become an expert, with respect to industry trends in the educational software market
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience, with a mix of any or all – Product/Program/Project Management
- Experience with customer-facing eLearning or modern training-related technologies
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to gather, refine, and test user feedback
- Background in user experience/research for the definition of product features
- Proven ability to influence or work with cross-functional teams without having formal authority
- Great skills in writing product requirements and user stories
- Scrum Master or Scrum Product Owner Certified – with experience in both roles
- Amazing organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively across teams
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.