The Account Executive role is responsible for retaining existing company relationships through usage, retention, and additional revenue. Manages the ongoing relationship with existing clients by:
- Leveraging technology to ensure they see a return on current and future investments
- Identifying and developing additional revenue opportunities to add to their portfolio
- Maximizing employee and client usage of Paycom solutions
- Evaluate insights from client interactions, identify opportunities for further business process improvements, and prepare a compelling business case including pain points, cost justifications, and high-impact needs that can be addressed by Paycoms technology in order to achieve a designated quota
- Pursue upselling opportunities by successfully conveying how your client can achieve maximum usage of Paycoms technology
- Provide strategic recommendations to clients on ways to streamline processes, increase usage and value of their current portfolio, and expand solutions that align with their goals and initiatives
- Maintain relationships at C-level and throughout the organization in support of providing business solutions and tools
- Conduct the required amount of face-to-face meetings on a weekly basis, which should include a C-level executive
Prepare a strategic agenda, review usage, system updates, identify needs and opportunities, and provide insight that helps clients maximize the value of an employee HR lifecycle within Paycom solutions
- Ensure all needs and issues of the client are addressed quickly and delegate to the appropriate team within Paycom while maintaining a sales-oriented focus
- Prioritize high profile and high potential accounts by size, volume, usage, and potential for upselling opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree required
- Sales experience is preferred
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Ability to work in fast paced, ever-changing environments and high pressure situations
- Ability to de-escalate situations and provide conflict resolution
- Self-directed with the ability to think independently
- Ability to conduct needs assessments for clients
- Ability to manage time and scheduling efficiently
- Professional presence with ability to present to Executive decision makers and large groups
- Willingness to help team members by sharing knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (telephone, oral, and written)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. (Such as in a typical office).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.