The Microsoft Public Sector team is looking to hire a new Account Executive dedicated to the Alberta Government and Alberta Health Services who will lead a team of highly motivated professionals focused on helping the province and AHS transform its services using great technology. This role will partner with stakeholders across government and the healthcare sector to ensure their strategic goals of becoming a digital government/health provider becomes a reality. There has never been a better time to make an impact across Alberta using hyper scale cloud services and this role will be at the center of driving this mission forward.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Account Executive at Microsoft leads our most valued customers into the digital age. Embracing a challenger mindset, the successful Account Executive manages, orchestrates and leads their virtual teams and closes opportunities with customers that produce transformative business outcomes.
The Account Executive will be responsible for the following:
- Business Relationship Owner: Build coalition of support (IT and business) with customer. Define specific business outcomes.
- Team Mobilizer and Orchestrator: Mobilize the entire account team and direct clear opportunity ownership in strong collaboration with partners.
- Digital Transformation Leader and Operational Excellence: Lead, drive and manage opportunities for each of the 4 Digital Transformation pillars and 4 Solution Areas. Consistent, repeatable achievement of revenue and consumption targets.
- Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of selling to or consulting with enterprise customers. Equally considered will be 5+ years of experience driving digital transformation from within the enterprise customers
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred; or equivalent experience
- Experience to lead multi-cultural, diverse and remote teams across different disciplines
- Proven ability to understand customer needs, create and deliver customized, customer-focused pitches and solutions
- Effectively navigate through ambiguity and complexities related to client management
- Embody “we-before-me” mindset
- Solid knowledge of one industry required (Government or Healthcare)
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and servicesGenerous
Role type: Individual Contributor