SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
About The Position
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for providing pre sales technical / functional support to prospective small and medium business clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. In addition to supporting the sales team in pre-sales conversations, you will work cross-functionally with product, marketing, legal, customer success, and security teams at SurveyMonkey.
- Provide pre-sales functional and technical expertise through the buying process including knowledge of the SurveyMonkey core platform, additional solutions, and integrations
- Drive the adoption of SurveyMonkey within strategic accounts by translating features into value drivers for the business
- Deliver training to improve product knowledge and demo abilities of both inside and enterprise salespeople
- Understand and continually develop working knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of SurveyMonkey
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Communicate effectively w/ engineers & stakeholders. Describe problems succinctly to enable issue management
- Be a SurveyMonkey product expert
- Industry expert on the marketing and/or customer experience space
- Provide RFP/RFI responses and help facilitate security reviews
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
- Strong customer facing and problem solving skills
- Minimum of 1-2 years of prior Sales Engineering experience with software in a SaaS/Cloud environment
- Masterful in delivering software demonstrations, whether in-person, or via web presentation
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience with technical business documentation like workflow diagrams, proposals, RFPs and RFIs, etc.
- Able to build a proof of concept application with the SurveyMonkey API
- Comfortable with Salesforce objects and workflows
- Proven ability to work independently and manage a high volume of projects
- Occasional travel required
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
ExperienceLess than 1 Year